Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ticketmaster is classy

But I'm classier.

An e-mail to Carnegie Hall's box office (who sells their own tickets).

To whom it may concern,

I am not sure if this is the correct e-mail address, but I would like to share this information. As of 8:54 p.m. EST, I found tickets for the upcoming Morrissey show listed on a website owned by Ticketmaster. Ticketsnow.com is listing 4 tickets for the Morrissey show on March 26 for Balcony, Row M, at $418 per ticket. Now, the inflated costs are normal for them to do, but these tickets are not even available from Carnegie Hall at this time. I have deeply researched the Carnegie Hall website, and the only time tickets are available is not even until Friday morning (that would be 1 day later from this date). This would mean that those tickets do not even exist at this time.
The link to that particular event can be found here:
http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrowse/Morrissey-Tickets-at-Carnegie-Hall-in-New-York?PID=760909

Since Carnegie Hall does their own ticketing sales, I found this odd (and possibly illegal?) that a Ticketmaster owned company would have 4 tickets at this time when tickets are not even available and at an enormously inflated cost. I would like to bring this to Carnegie's attention so that events like this in the future can enjoyed by everyone, not just companies such as Ticketmaster and their affiliates.

I do plan to attend the Morrissey show on March 26, and I would be delighted to buy a ticket directly from the box office to directly support Carnegie Hall and the artist.

Thank you,
Joey Flispart